Each guest gets to make one clay masterpiece from our list of choices that the guest of honour will pre-select! Each person hand-builds their own clay creation from scratch and applies coloured glaze for the details.
Any person inside the studio during the party time is considered a guest, excluding the party parents (maximum 2 observing adults for a child's party.)
Please note if you book party time: The 30 minutes is enough time for cake and snacks. All food and supplies (plates, cutlery, etc) to be provided by the party family. Food clean-up must be done by the parents or guests.
*Please note the studio is a communal space so make sure to book a spot for anyone attending and know that there will be other people in the studio.
Artwork Pick Up
Clay is ready in 7 days for pick up. Oven-bake ditto clay & Paintings are ready in 2 days.
Bunny, Cat, Dog, Mouse, Owl, Panda, Polar Bear, Unicorn, or Yeti
Mini Terracotta Planter: Bear or Tree
- ◄About Clay
Sometimes things happen …
- Sometimes clay breaks, it just does—pieces fall off
- Sometimes things move in the kiln and there may be a mark on your piece
- Sometimes glaze doesn’t behave as expected
- Sometimes art takes more time than you may think, we time things as well as we can
- Sometimes instructors get ill, and we need to run with less staff than planned
- Sometimes it takes a while to find the information from a gift card from many years ago
- A child will cry, be loud or not listen. They do that. They are all good. Parents are trying their best
- You will need to follow the templates and sizing, too big means more kiln or storage space, too small means likely to get lost
- If you don’t write your first and last name and the date clearly on your piece, expect for it to get lost or mistakenly picked up by another with the same name
- Adults—The workshops are for fun and social time. It is not a replacement for art school.
- Sometimes we have to throw out art if it is not picked up within 2 weeks
- Sometimes it may take a minute or two to find your art piece
- Sometimes there are mixups
- Sometimes your name may get covered in the firing process
- We will fire things in the kiln as quickly as we possibly can. We need a full load to run the kiln and sometimes things need to dry extra time before they can be placed in the kiln or they will explode
- Sometimes clay explodes
- We are not Walmart with unlimited resources, art supply costs are really high, rent is high, shipping is high, overhead is high, we may be able to offer a credit in some cases like clay breakage, but if you miss your workshop or call 10 mins before to cancel, the space was still set aside for you and we cannot offer a refund or credit.
- You will need to make just the maximum number of pieces when we specify
- If you overwork the clay or add too much water it will cave in or crack. Follow the time guidelines and instructions as best you can.
- If you have never done art before, you will need to practice and accept it won’t be perfect on your first try. Come back many times, practice and enjoy the process.
- If you are late, yes, it will feel like there was not enough time.
- We cannot answer the phone and it is not financially feasible to have an admin person. We have the phone for emergencies. Please use the chat on our website. We check this as often as possible. Please don’t send a chat and an email. We promise we will get back to you.
Transfer, Credits & Refunds
We do not offer refunds. We can transfer your party booking if your booking is canceled 14 days prior to the event. We cannot provide a transfer after this time. Transfer requests are valid for 15 days.
Dress For Mess
Please tell your guests to dress appropriately for the party. We are an art studio and paint can be lurking around any corner and jump on you. We use professional materials and art supplies which means paint may stain clothing, shoes and jackets. Bare feet (or socks without shoes) are not permitted anywhere in the studio. 4Cats does not provide footwear or shoe covers. Please ask your guests to wear appropriate footwear. 4Cats is not responsible for damage to clothing or personal belongings. Please leave the ball gowns and tuxedos at home.
Please Be On Time!
Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your scheduled party time as we have classes and/or events scheduled before and after.
Every day we aspire to make our studios welcoming, respectful and safe. Our staff work hard to ensure you, your family and friends have a respectful, positive and rewarding experience. In turn, we need to express the expectation that customers will be respectful towards our staff. Though 99.9% of the time we are surrounded by encouragement and the kindness of people, we cannot under any circumstances allow our staff to be demeaned. We first and foremost are a safe space for them. Which is why if there is a breach of that respect from someone, that person will be asked to leave.
I give permission to the business doing business as 4Cats Arts Studio, its owners, operators, and franchisor from any and all liability to seek medical treatment for the participant in the event they are not able to reach a parent or guardian. I hereby declare any physical/mental problems, restrictions, or condition and/or declare the participant to be in good physical and mental health.
Release of Liability
As the participant or legal parent or guardian of the participant(s), I release and hold harmless to the business doing business as 4Cats Arts Studio, its owners, operators, and franchisor from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by the participant and/or the undersigned, while in or upon the premises or any premises under the control and supervision of 4Cats Arts Studio Professionals, its owners, and operators or in route to or from any of said premises.