Clay Wheel Workshop
1 person for $25
Please note the clay wheel workshop is not eligible for the 2 for $45 discount.
Create a beautiful ceramic bowl on the potter’s wheel. Or you can practice! If you have already taken the intro class you can now take the workshop as a practice class!
- Maximum Dimensions: 4″× 4″
- Each person throws 1 bowl
- Duration: Up to 1 hours for the initial visit (sculpting the clay) + 1–1.5 hours for glazing (2nd visit)
- Recommended Age: *6 to adult
*Kids aged 6 to 11 must be accompanied by an adult participant. Both adult and child must be registered and paid for. Max 2 kids per adult.
To register, select the date and time in the calendar below. If the calendar is blank, there are no available spots. Please check the following month.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE ARRIVING AT THE WORKSHOP
- Attend the clay workshop on the date & time you selected.
- Watch our curator's step by step instructions on the wheel.
- The demo is about 15 minutes, which means you really have to be on time. :) The demo will commence within 5 minutes of the scheduled start time. Please arrive on time to ensure you get the full instructions. Even come a little early! Look around, say hi! Please, please, be on time.
- After the demo, you have around 45 minutes to play on the wheel. The instructor will be there to guide you and to cheer you on :)
- Each person is responsible for cleaning their own wheel and tools at the end of the workshop.
- Glazing time classes are not included for clay wheel. Your piece will be dip-glazed by our lovely staff, the bowls are fired to a beautiful off-white. Workshops are sold by the seat.
If this is your first time it is possible you will not complete a bowl. This is okay, clay wheel takes practice! Please enjoy the process of creating and getting your hands messy :)
HOT TIP! Long nails and clay wheel do not mix!
- We use professional materials and art supplies which means paint may stain clothing, shoes and jackets. We have aprons at the studio to borrow, but wet paint may be lurking around any corner. Please note, even if you are not doing a painting workshop, you may still get paint on you. 4Cats is not responsible for damage to clothing or personal belongings. Please leave the ball gowns and tuxedos at home.
- At the end of your glazing time, staff will let you know when your piece will be fired for the last time and when you can pick it up. You will not receive an email or call with this information.
Release of Liability
- As the participant or legal parent or guardian of the participant(s), I release and hold harmless to the business doing business as 4Cats Arts Studio, its owners, operators, and franchisor from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by the participant and/or the undersigned, while in or upon the premises or any premises under the control and supervision of 4Cats Arts Studio Professionals, its owners, and operators or in route to or from any of said premises.
- Deposit is due upon online registration. Please note—we have no cash on premises and do not accept cash payments.
- I give permission to the business doing business as 4Cats Arts Studio, its owners, operators, and franchisor from any and all liability to seek medical treatment for the participant in the event they are not able to reach a parent or guardian. I hereby declare any physical/mental problems, restrictions, or condition and/or declare the participant to be in good physical and mental health.
- ]Every day we aspire to make our studios welcoming, respectful and safe. Our staff work hard to ensure you, your family and friends have a respectful, positive and rewarding experience. In turn, we need to express the expectation that customers will be respectful towards our staff.
Though 99.9% of the time we are surrounded by encouragement and the kindness of people, we cannot under any circumstances allow our staff to be demeaned. We first and foremost are a safe space for them. Which is why if there is a breach of that respect from someone, that person will be asked to leave.
Dress for Mess!
- We use professional materials and art supplies which means paint may stain clothing, shoes and jackets. We have aprons at the studio to borrow, but wet paint may be lurking around any corner. Please note, even if you are not doing a painting workshop, you may still get paint on you.
4Cats is not responsible for damage to clothing or personal belongings. Please leave the ball gowns and tuxedos at home.
CANCELLATION, REFUND & TRANSFER POLICY
- We do not offer refunds or credits. We can transfer your booking if your booking is cancelled 48 hours prior to the workshop. We cannot provide a transfer after this time. No refunds or credits for no-shows or missed workshops.
- We start our classes on time, so please don’t be late. We understand that sometimes there are unforeseeable issues. These things happen. Do try your best to not disturb the class any further once you have arrived.
If you are 5-10 minutes late to a workshop it makes it really hard on the instructor and the class. Please avoid this by arriving 5-10 minutes early. The classroom itself will open up 5 minutes before the start of the class so you have time to grab an apron and settle in.
If you are more than 15 minutes late to a workshop you are just not going to have enough time to complete the necessary steps in the project and you may not be able to join in. Understand that we cannot offer a refund or credit if you are late and unable to join the class. We require 48 hours notice for any cancellations and transfers and could have had another artist in your place. Thank you for your understanding.
GOOD TO KNOW
- Kiln clay explosions are unlikely but they do happen. In the event of a clay piece being damaged due to a kiln explosion, we are happy to provide emotional support and offer you a chance to come in and remake your art piece.
Refunds are not provided for damaged clay due to kiln explosions.
Please note each artist is responsible for ensuring pieces are securely attached in order to avoid breakage.
4Cats is not responsible for repair or replacement to clay pieces.
- Our policy is to hold art for 2 weeks after it is ready. Please pick up the completed artwork within this time frame.
We know how precious it is and we do our best to hold on to the artwork as long as possible. However, the studio is very busy and artwork can pile up! We have lots of artists creating and only have enough room to store artwork for 2 weeks. Please note, you will NOT receive a phone call or email to remind you to pick up your artwork.
By registering for any class, workshop, or party at 4Cats Arts Studio you are agreeing to the policies above
Not enough items available. Only [max] left.