kids teams, groups and field trips policies faqs
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
Policies & FAQs
DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS FOR NON PROFITS ETC?
- Our listed field trip pricing is our discounted price. Our standard party booking price is $300 plus tax. There is no party or food time included after the 1 hour art instruction.
- Deposit is due upon registration, any party upgrades or extra guest charges are due the day of the party. Please note—we have no cash on premises and do not accept cash payments. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Interac debit for in-studio purchases. It is strongly recommended to book your party online so you can carefully read all relevant policies and information and view photos of the choices. Thanks for your understanding.
CAN WE MAKE SOMETHING DIFFERENT FROM WHAT IS PICTURED?
- All participants make the same project to ensure optimal instruction but there is always room for creativity and unique features! If you have a special request for a character please let us know at the time of booking so the teachers can prepare. It WILL NOT be possible to change your theme on the day of your party. We try to accommodate special requests within the limits of what is possible in one hour, requests may not be possible. A $40 non-refundable fee will be charged for development cost.
IS THERE A Workshop WHERE STUDENTS GO HOME WITH WHAT THEY MADE THAT DAY?
- No. All artwork will need to stay at the studio to be fired or to dry. Please speak to the studio staff directly the day of your party for pick up instructions. Generally projects are ready to take home the following weekend. Artwork can be picked up anytime between 12pm to 4 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
WHAT TIME CAN WE ARRIVE?
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your scheduled field trip time as we have classes and/or events scheduled before and after.
CAN I BOOK EXTRA TIME?
- Usually not, as the studio has specific workshop times already scheduled and they book up very fast. It may be possible to book a “double workshop” at full price to have back to back spots, but there is no discount applied for this.
WHAT TIME DO WE HAVE TO LEAVE BY?
- Your booking is 1 hour in total. If you are late we cannot extend your time. Please also note there are classes and/or events booked after your field trip. The studio area must be vacated 5 minutes after the scheduled end time for the workshop. This allows time for the studio staff to clean and prepare for the next event or class. Thank you for understanding.
HOW MANY PARENTS/CHAPERONES DO WE NEED TO BRING?
- We require at least 1 parent or chaperone per 10 students. Maximum of 5 non-participating adults please.
HOW DO I CHOOSE THE PROJECTS, THERE ARE SO MANY CHOICES!
- Please read the age recommendations and descriptions to see what will suit you and your students/curriculum the best.
HOW DO WE CHOOSE COLOURS FOR OUR PROJECTS?
- Colours are chosen on the day of the party and by the group when applicable. Some oven bake clay workshops may have 2 choices of base colour. Any specific requests should be made at the time of booking and confirmed before at least 1 week before the workshop date.
WHO PICKS UP ALL THE ARTWORK AFTER THE PARTY IS COMPLETE AND WHEN IS IT READY
- For all workshops EXCEPT clay: The organizers can pick up all artwork the following weekend anytime between 12 pm and 4 pm only and all creations will be packaged together for easy pick up. *You will not receive a reminder. Please note artwork must be picked up within 2 weeks of the workshop. For clay parties: the clay is dried, double fired and clear glazed by staff. Please allow around 2-3 weeks for this process. We will contact you when it is ready and you have 2 weeks to pick it up from the pickup call date. For stretched canvases: the staff hand stretch and then varnish the splatter painting once it is dry. Expect it to be ready within 1-2 weeks of the party, and you will be contacted when it’s ready. All stretching must be paid for before or on the day of the party.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS AND WHAT ARE THEY?
- Each workshop type may have upgrade options available that are clearly laid out on the website. You may request upgrades at the time of booking and they should be confirmed before the workshop date and paid for on the day of the workshop. Extra guest pricing: $17 per person for oven-bake clay, collage, paint splatter and clay parties. $24 per person for pouring workshops.
DO YOU HAVE PARKING SPACES AVAILABLE FOR BUSSES?
- Parking may be available, studio dependent. Contact the studio directly to find out.
WHAT IF I NEED TO CANCEL AFTER I BOOK MY PARTY?
- We do not offer refunds. We can transfer your workshop booking if your booking is canceled 14 days prior to the event. We cannot provide a transfer after this time. Transfer requests are valid for 15 days. No refunds.
- Deposit is due upon registration, any party upgrades or extra guest charges are due the day of the party. Please note – we have no cash on premises and do not accept cash payments. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Interac debit for in-studio purchases. It is strongly recommended to book your party online so you can carefully read all relevant policies and information and view photos of the choices. Thanks for your understanding.
- I give permission to the business doing business as 4Cats Arts Studio, its owners, operators, and franchisor from any and all liability to seek medical treatment for the participant in the event they are not able to reach a parent or guardian. I hereby declare any physical/mental problems, restrictions, or condition and/or declare the participant to be in good physical and mental health.
- Every day we aspire to make our studios welcoming, respectful and safe. Our staff work hard to ensure you, your family and friends have a respectful, positive and rewarding experience. In turn, we need to express the expectation that customers will be respectful towards our staff. Though 99.9% of the time we are surrounded by encouragement and the kindness of people, we cannot under any circumstances allow our staff to be demeaned. We first and foremost are a safe space for them. Which is why if there is a breach of that respect from someone, that person will be asked to leave.